Tuesday, March 5, 2024

 HUNGER (& the HATRED)

 

1

 

Hatred

like a wildfire

stalks the machinery of

my mercenary chest.

 

The blood,

well-armed in its rage

likewise pleads for revenge.

 

Night soon settles like

a smokescreen over this murderous heart

where a million mute massacres cry out

for redemption.

 

Who lit this fire that

sweeps whole worlds away?

Who forged these cruel contracts

signed in blood and retribution?

What bitter Bible blesses their ruthless laws?

And who, each day, lights the spark

on such senseless suffering?

 

And, tell me, Mr. Netanyahu

what merciless mother

would feed her children

on famine and starvation?

...

HUNGER (& the HATRED)   (Full Poem)

 

“There is no food to feed my children nor is there any bread… we came to the point where we are eating tree leaves we are eating the food of this donkey … you are asking me why did I come here I came because I want to take flour …look my leg is broken and I came to take flour I came to take flour … I came yesterday and people stepped over me I came today… even if I were to die I want to take a bag of flour because I can’t feed my children I don’t have anything to give my children to eat even if I die I will stay…”

(Democracy Now Interview, 1’56” – February 28, 2024)

"According to the Ministry of Health in Gaza as of 1 March, at least 30,228 Palestinians have been killed in the Gaza Strip since 7 October. About 70 per cent of those killed are reported to be women and children. Another 71,377 Palestinians have been reportedly injured."

UNRWA Situation Report 85

 

"i’m telling you, people of Israel,

people of Palestine,

it will take more than 30,000

godforsaken funerals

to calm these troubled waters."

 

GLOBAL RIGHTS - HUMAN RIGHTS 

No comments: